Marketing Specialist, Lead Generation and Customer Onboarding
You have a knack for finding and engaging new customers and members, using your knowledge of marketing and acquisition. You enjoy identifying, engaging, and nurturing members. You are excited to onboard new customers and ensure their satisfaction and retention. You have a creative and analytical mindset. You are self-motivated and have a results-oriented approach. You have a passion for learning and growing.
If this sounds like you, please read on!
The Marketing Specialist, Lead Generation and Customer Onboarding will be expected to help execute a wide variety of marketing initiatives, including direct response acquisition and new member onboarding communications to all key member persona segments. This entails coordination of key membership lead generation/acquisition and onboarding marketing campaigns, execution via internal marketing platforms for email and social, as well as supporting development and updating of key membership personas, managing digital/social strategies for both paid and organic media, internal communications, and more.
This position will help execute a consistent brand voice and will support strategic initiatives to acquire and welcome new members into the Academy, including building lead generation initiatives, list purchases, trigger/nurture streams, etc. The ideal candidate is a motivated marketing professional with attention to detail and a strong affinity for analytics and reporting analysis. It is critical that the individual in this role can effectively manage high visibility projects, has a solid grasp on general marketing principles and tools, maintains the pulse of membership counts and budgets, and is a superb written and oral communicator. Critical analysis skills, intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft excel, and other reporting software such as Power BI are a requirement. This person must have the ability to work with senior stakeholders, including the AAOS Membership Council that oversees the Membership department, collaborate with multiple departments within the organization, manage many projects simultaneously, and be able to organize and simplify information. This position will report to the Senior Marketing Manager, Acquisition and Onboarding, and is part of the Marketing, Communications, and Membership Department.
- Daily exporting, updating, and analysis of analytics reports for all key marketing initiatives.
- Deploy marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution.
- Experiments with a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels like content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, social media, lead generation campaigns.
- Ensures continued A/B testing occurs on all marketing channels to boost conversion rates and improve open, click, click to open, and direct response rates where applicable.
- Supports Senior Marketing Manager, Acquisition and Onboarding, to work towards Academy solutions for tracking of conversion rates in all marketing and CMS platforms.
- Executes the development and production of marketing material, including, but not limited to, digital and print advertisements to hard copy brochures and telemarketing scripts.
- Collaborates with Membership Operations team to create, target and execute appropriate campaigns for acquiring and onboarding members.
- Creates and ensures consistent, effective messaging, and adapt messaging to reach multiple target audiences, presenting content in appealing, intuitive ways across various segments and demographics.
- Builds and maintains monthly ROI reports to measure key metrics, success points, and areas of opportunity for both acquisition and onboarding campaigns.
- Supports the entire membership application process, from start to finish, including aaos.org website pages, application system (MAAP), submission process, review, approval, and notification to members throughout the year.
- Partners with Membership Marketing Engagement and Retention team to ensure seamless hand-off of members as they travel from acquisition to onboarding and engagement and renewal.
- Measures and reports on the performance of marketing campaigns and assesses against goals, including but not limited to deployment of member surveys and focus groups, google analytics, and campaign monitoring using PowerBI.
- Analyzes consumer behavior and evaluates analytics to draw key conclusions and drive strategic recommendations for marketing campaign improvements, evaluation of member retention based on qualitative and quantitative measurable attributes.
- Supports Director of Marketing Membership in building reports, identifying key metrics and deliverables to both the Membership Council and the Board of Directors where applicable
- Assists in annual updating of Membership Policy and Procedure document to ensure that all changes to operational requirements are captured and that the AAOS Service Center team is trained and abreast of any modifications.
- Builds strategic relationships and partners with agencies and vendors where applicable.
- Monitors the marketing budget on an on-going basis and allocates funds wisely.
- Supports the strategy and execution of all acquisition and onboarding operations and communications for key audience personas.
- Assists in the development of marketing materials, including, but not limited to, email, postcards, telemarketing scripts, social media, web edits/updates, and promotional videos.
- Lead for strategy to identify and establish acquisition lists and lead generation funnels to acquire new members.
- Supports the new member experience from key transition points, including transitions of key member groups (resident to fellowship, resident to candidate, fellowship to candidate, candidate to fellow, fellow to emeritus, etc.)
- Supports and executes winback strategies for members who have dropped their membership (recent and long-term), including residents who do not respond to transition communications.
- Assists with the preparation of ROI analysis, process improvements, and analytics for all marketing initiatives related to member acquisition and onboarding.
- Collaborate with the AAOS Service Center and Membership Operations teams in follow up for all tracking of applications, both board-approved, and non-board approved, including application fee collection, as well as support oversight for all resident dashboards and transition categories to ensure optimal experience and immediate onboarding of new and transitioning members.
- Support launch of new membership categories, including but not limited to, Medical Students, Affiliated Orthopaedic Surgeons, and Allied Health Orthopaedic Team Members.
Exemplifies the following essential values of the Academy:
- Teamwork: Effective collaboration and team-focus to solve complex problems and drive innovation.
- Empowerment: The authority, information, and skills to make decisions and drive results.
- Accountability: Ownership of process and results that drive decisions and ensure implementation.
- Mindset of Growth/Continuous Learning: Focused on and invested in self and staff development to become more adaptable, making the Academy more agile, innovative, and sustainable.
- Up to 10 days per year
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Past work experience in direct response marketing with knowledge of digital marketing and content marketing
- Intermediate to advanced experience with paid media, including Google and social media platforms, Google Analytics, and experience with SEO.
- Experience with PowerBI
- Experience with marketing automation tools such as HubSpot, Eloqua, Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Proficiency in Excel (intermediate to advanced), Word, PowerPoint, Canva or Adobe Creative Cloud
- 3-5 years’ experience in Marketing, Communications/PR or Advertising, or Association
- Basic skill with HTML and/or web development software
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus but not required.
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter with salary expectations to be considered.
- This position is based in Rosemont, Illinois and is open to applicants who are able to commute weekly to this office.
- Applicants must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of work visas.